|Home||» Services||» Digital Printing|
Utilizing our excellent experience in printing textile fabrics using sophisticated digital technology, we offer premium quality printed fabrics in cotton, silk and voile etc. We make use of premium quality colors and designs that stand us apart from our competitors.
We have a team of highly experienced and skilled designers who deliver the most exclusive designs for the very purpose of differentiation in patterns and outlook of the fabrics with optimum quality and at most reasonable prices.
- No limitation on number of colours: With this technique of printing, any number of colors can be printed in a design.
- No limitation on repeat size: Unlike repeat size limitation in traditional printing methods here a file/repeat can be as big as we want.
- Speed: It's extremely fast, where everything that is required in the print can be prepared on computer. Once the files are ready it does not take more than a day to produce printed fabrics.
- No minimum order quantity: There is no restriction on the minimum quantity which needs to be ordered from 1 piece to thousands of pieces and can be produced with same effort.
- No Metallic Colors: Digital printing machine cannot print metallic color.
- Cannot be printed on Dark Base: It does not discharge the color; that means like one cannot print on Dark / Black color paper by an ink jet printer, similarly digital printing cannot be done on Dyed / Colored fabric base.
- These machines do not have white inks, whatever whiteness is there in a print is always the fabric color.
- Machine cannot produce certain colors: A color space (Box of colors which would have are possible colors) is formed by mixing of 12 colors. Textile printing machines are 8 color machines. Hence colors which are formed by mixing of those missing 4 colors cannot be produced at all. It is possible to produce those colors as well, but its not commercially viable to keep changing ink set to produce those missing colors.
The implication is as follows
When we print a digital file which has million of colors in it; even if few colors are missing, it does not show, but if at the same time a flat solid color needs to be printed them, it could be a disaster.
- Light Color are Problematic: Digital printers work on drop on demand technology. Any color is formed by concentration of dots where there are more dots the color appears to be darker, similarly lighter color is formed by lesser concentration of dots. Therefore a dotted texture is visible by naked eye when a very light shade is printed.
- Fabric Wastage: Fabric consumption in this technology is high, rejection levels are on a high side. Fabric wastage goes upto as high as 20%.
- Lot to Lot Variation: Since digital printing still remains a boutique industry, therefore set-up or infrastructure of most of the digital printers is more suitable for smaller productions. Therefore in bigger production runs large number of color lots are created. However they do not differ very much from each other.
- Pre-treatment: Major delays happen in this industry due to delay in pre-treatment process. Each fabric needs to be coated with chemicals. This is a lengthy process.